Sous Vide in the commercial kitchen entails new kitchen processes. The inclusion of new kitchen equipment and the accuracy of the cooking approach, particularly at lower temperatures, means that there is a growing importance to looking at possible usage within various catering fields, from industrial units down to forward thinking smaller outlets.
To help you with the development and adaptation of recipes, the training of staff and the cataloguing of the processes and procedures that are required for Sous Vide, in particular the adhesion to safe food practices, we are able to provide James Graham (pictured below training Rational staff and other chefs) of Restaurant Allium in Fairford to work with you to support your Sous Vide programme.
James (far left) is able to:
- Develop illustrated flowcharts and guides to the many different Sous Vide cooking options.
- Identify basic rules and problem solving techniques covering key issues unique to Sous Vide cookery, including preparation, safety zones, bagging, bath issues, sterility of product, product control, temperature requirements, post-cooking and bacterial issues.
- Develop HACCP Plans identifying potential hazards and necessary preventative solutions covering equipment, delivery of raw product, storage of raw product, washing and cutting, preparation, pre-searing, vacuum packing, cooking, cooling and regeneration.
- Produce proven time/temperature guidelines with a complete list of tested and workable temperatures for all major products such as meat, fish, game, vegetables, herbs, fruit, liquids, dairy, etc..
- Develop or adapt existing recipes to maximise the benefit of the Sous Vide cooking technique.
- Troubleshoot any common issues.
- Train staff on the technique.
To learn more about this chef support please call us on 01858 464411 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org